At Sentara Healthcare, our mission is simple—we improve health every day.
The Mission of the College is:
Sentara College of Health Sciences is the higher education, private, not-for-profit educational division of Sentara Healthcare that prepares healthcare professionals to meet changing demands and critical human resource needs of Sentara Healthcare and the greater communities it serves. The Sentara College of Health Sciences uses multimodal delivery systems to offer high-quality undergraduate degrees in Nursing and Allied Health and other related continuing education courses. The dedicated faculty and staff promote the welfare and success of the individual student through effective teaching, supportive service, and applied scholarship.
The Vision of the College is to:
Be the top healthcare educational choice for Nursing and Allied Health professionals in the communities served by Sentara Healthcare.
The Institutional Goals of the College are to:
1. Educational Quality - Strengthen the recognized quality, transferability, portability, and accreditation of the College's educational programs to ensure stakeholder value.
2. Student Success - Strengthen learning outcomes and retention, graduation, and placement rates of students to ensure their personal success as healthcare professionals.
3. Responsive Growth - Grow, adapt, and evolve as needed to meet changing workforce requirements and demands for nursing and allied health professionals in a rapidly changing healthcare environment.
4. Program Competitiveness - Strengthen the access, articulation, and instructional delivery of educational programs to ensure their use of new technologies and their competitiveness in the marketplace.
5. Operational Efficiency - Strengthen program and support service efficiencies that ensure cost effectiveness.