Nursing Care Partner
- Course is 16 weeks
- Classes and clinicals are offered with day or evening options
- The Course is offered twice each year in January and August
- High school diploma or GED required to apply
- Must be 18 by the first day of class
- Prepares the graduate to work within Sentara Healthcare
- Nursing Care Partners are in high demand within Sentara
- Tuition, fees, and expenses
Currently Accepting Applications for August of 2017!
The Nursing Care Partner Course was added in 1994 in response to the need for consistent and formal training for multi-skilled patient caregivers in Sentara acute care hospitals. Nursing Care Partners work for Sentara Healthcare and are trained exclusively for their important role in the hospital setting.
Nursing Care Partners are members of a discipline that combines the quality of caring with technical interventions, communication, and knowledge integration to support the nurse in the delivery of quality client care in an acute care setting. They help patients with daily living activities such as bathing and eating. Nursing Care Partners also take vital signs, draw blood specimens, perform wound care and dressing changes, insert urinary catheters, perform EKGs, and other selected medical tests and procedures.
Nursing Care Partner Experience!
Wednesday, June 7 at 4:00 PM
Discover what makes Sentara College's Nursing Care Partners so prepared for a career in healthcare.
See hands-on Nursing Care Partner demonstrations of such skills as:
* Foley Catheters
* Electrocardiograms (EKG/ECG)
* Patient Transfers
Enjoy a presentation from the Nursing Care Partner program director and instructors, who will describe the roles and responsibilities of Nursing Care Partners in Sentara facilities. Current and former students will also be available to answer questions.
Sentara College of Health Science's Nursing Care Partner course may be the way to start your healthcare career!
This event is FREE and open to the public. Click this link to RSVP as space is limited!
Your Exceptional Learning Experience
- With 60 lecture, 45 skills lab, and 135 clinical hours, graduates of this Course are prepared to work collaboratively with the healthcare team and clients and provide essential information and assistance to achieve preferred health-related outcomes
- Graduates will receive a certificate upon completion and be qualified to work in the acute-care hospitals at Sentara Healthcare. There is no license or certification required to practice as a Nursing Care Partner in Sentara facilities
- Please click here for information on the admissions process