Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP)
1361 Park St., Clearwater, FL 33756
and the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
Certified Private Vocational Institution through The State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV).
Jennie Pond, Admission Recruiter
As an Invasive Cardiovascular Technologist (Invasive Tech) you will work in a hospital setting as a member of the cardiac catheterization, or “cath lab”, team assisting a cardiologist in performing procedures that diagnose and treat diseases of the heart and coronary arteries. Common procedures that are used in the cath lab include: coronary angiography, percutaneous coronary intervention (i.e. stent, balloon, plaque removal devices, etc), and right heart catheterizations.
The Invasive Tech is also responsible for preparing the patients prior to each procedure. The Invasive Tech is a crucial team member in delivering direct patient care, and can also administer medications under the direct supervision of the physician.
Currently accepting for the January 2014 session.
General Education Requirements
A minimum of 10 credits from the below list of general education courses must be completed to apply.
ALL courses must be completed prior to beginning the Cardiovascular Technology Program in January.
College Level Requirement
Anatomy & Physiology I w/lab
Anatomy & Physiology II w/lab
Fine Art Elective (JAN. 2015 START ONLY)
Humanities Elective (JAN. 2015 START ONLY)
For transcripts reviews, please join us for an Academic Planning and Information Session.
Preadmission Testing Requirement
The HOBET (Health Occupations Basic Entrance Test) is required for consideration into the Cardiovascular Technology Program. For more information about this test and how to prepare for and register please click here.
1. Deadline to apply August 31, 2013. Submit your application, your college transcripts and the $85 non-refundable administrative processing fee. Please note: You may only apply for one specialty.
2. HOBET test must be completed and submitted by August 31, 2013.
3. Notification that your application and test have been received will be made by September 15, 2013. If you meet requirements to move onto the interview, the interview date and job shadowing date will also be made at that time. *Job shadowing takes place at Sentara Heart Hospital. We take you around to all four specialty labs to help solidify your decision of a specialty.
4. Interviews will take place the first week of October 2013. Job shadowing occurs the week after interviews.
5. Decisions will be rendered and applicants will be notified by October 15, 2013.
6. If accepted, the non-refundable class deposit of $100, which will be credited to your tuition the day you start, is due by November 15, 2013.
7. ALL official transcripts for all general education course requirements due by January 1, 2014. Students will not be allowed to start classes unless the College has official transcripts.
For full details on Advanced Placement in the Cardiovascular Technology Program please see our Catalog.
Please note: Tuition and Fees are subject to change without notice.
Invasive Cardiovascular Technology & Cardiac Electrophysiology = $18,915 (includes CCI Registry Exam fee; 60 credit hours)
Uniform costs = approx. $150
Book costs (new) = Invasive $723-989; Electrophysiology $900-1,502; Echocardiography $931-1,346 and Vascular $951-1,140.
If you would like to receive an estimate on your total out-of-pocket expenses to attend Sentara College of Health Sciences’ Cardiovascular Technology Program, link to the Net Price Calculator to get started.