Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP)
1361 Park St., Clearwater, FL 33756
and the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
Certified Private Vocational Institution through The State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV).
An echocardiogram is one of the most widely used diagnostic tests for heart disease. These tests are performed by an Echocardiography Technologist (Echo Tech). An echocardiogram is performed in a one on one setting in a hospital or outpatient facility. To perform the test, the Echo Tech utilizes ultrasound equipment to gather data about the structure and function of the cardiac chambers, valves, and vessels leading to and from the heart.
There are multiple types of tests that can be performed by an Echo Tech. These include: transthoracic echocardiogram, transesophogeal echocardiogram, and a stress echocardiogram (a.k.a. Stress Test). These tests may be performed in conjunction with a physician.
Currently accepting for the August 2015 session.
General Education Requirements
(General Education Requirements subject to change without notice.)
A minimum of 10 credits from the below list of general education courses must be completed to apply.
ALL courses must be completed prior to beginning the Cardiovascular Technology Program in August.
College Level Requirement
Anatomy & Physiology I w/lab
Anatomy & Physiology II w/lab
Fine Arts or Humanities Elective
For transcripts reviews, please join us for an Academic Planning and Information Session.
Preadmission Testing Requirement
The TEAS V for Allied Health is required for consideration into the Cardiovascular Technology Program. For more information about this test and how to prepare for and register please click here.
Admission Process for August 2015 Echocardiography Applicants Only:
1. Deadline to apply May 15, 2015. Submit your application, your college transcripts and the $85 non-refundable administrative processing fee. Please note: You may only apply for one specialty.
2. TEAS V for Allied Health test must be completed and submitted by May 15, 2015.
3. Decisions will be rendered and applicants will be notified by June 1, 2015.
4. If accepted, the non-refundable enrollment processing fee of $100 is due by July 1, 2015.
5. ALL official transcripts for all general education course requirements due by August 1, 2015. Students will not be allowed to start classes unless the College has official transcripts.
For full details on Advanced Placement in the Cardiovascular Technology Program please see our Catalog.
Please note: Tuition and Fees are subject to change without notice.
Please note: Ultrasound Instrumentation courses at Tidewater Community College are required for students in the Echocardiography and Peripheral Vascular specialties of the Program. Tuition costs for those courses, for in-state and out-of-state residents are in addition to the costs indicated above.