Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP)
1361 Park St., Clearwater, FL 33756
and the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
Certified Private Vocational Institution through The State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV).
Jennie Pond, Admission Recruiter
An echocardiogram is one of the most widely used diagnostic tests for heart disease. These tests are performed by an Echocardiography Technologist (Echo Tech). An echocardiogram is performed in a one on one setting in a hospital or outpatient facility. To perform the test, the Echo Tech utilizes ultrasound equipment to gather data about the structure and function of the cardiac chambers, valves, and vessels leading to and from the heart.
There are multiple types of tests that can be performed by an Echo Tech. These include: transthoracic echocardiogram, transesophogeal echocardiogram, and a stress echocardiogram (a.k.a. Stress Test). These tests may be performed in conjunction with a physician.
Currently accepting for the January 2015 session.
General Education Requirements
A minimum of 10 credits from the below list of general education courses must be completed to apply.
ALL courses must be completed prior to beginning the Cardiovascular Technology Program in January.
College Level Requirement
Anatomy & Physiology I w/lab
Anatomy & Physiology II w/lab
Fine Art Elective
For transcripts reviews, please join us for an Academic Planning and Information Session.
Preadmission Testing Requirement
The HOBET (Health Occupations Basic Entrance Test) is required for consideration into the Cardiovascular Technology Program. For more information about this test and how to prepare for and register please click here.
1. Deadline to apply August 31, 2014. Submit your application, your college transcripts and the $85 non-refundable administrative processing fee. Please note: You may only apply for one specialty.
2. HOBET test must be completed and submitted by August 31, 2014.
3. You will be notified of the status of your application by September 15, 2014. When all application requirements are completed your interview will be scheduled.
4. Interviews will take place the first week of October 2014.
5. Decisions will be rendered and applicants will be notified by October 15, 2014.
6. If accepted, the non-refundable class deposit of $100, which will be credited to your tuition the day you start, is due by November 15, 2014.
7. ALL official transcripts for all general education course requirements due by January 1, 2015. Students will not be allowed to start classes unless the College has official transcripts.
For full details on Advanced Placement in the Cardiovascular Technology Program please see our Catalog.
Please note: Tuition and Fees are subject to change without notice.
Non-Invasive Vascular Study & Adult Echocardiography = $18,927* (includes ARDMS Registry Exam fee; 56 credit hours) *Please note: Ultrasound Instrumentation courses at Tidewater Community College are required for students in the Echocardiography and Vascular specialties. Tuition costs for those courses, for in-state and out-of-state residents, are in addition to the costs indicated above.
Uniform costs = approx. $150
Book costs (new) = Invasive $723-989; Electrophysiology $900-1,502; Echocardiography $931-1,346 and Vascular $951-1,140.