The Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree Program at Sentara College of Health Sciences is accredited
The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036,
Virginia State Board of Nursing
July 1, 2012 - June 30, 2013:
Sue Lamb, Admission Recruiter
Registered Nurses are employed in a wide variety of healthcare settings, such as hospitals, clinics, long-term facilities, physician’s offices, and health agencies. Registered Nurses are one of the largest employment sectors in the United States. They are in critical shortage throughout the country, therefore, the employment need is great and stability in employment is stellar.
As a Registered Nurse you will provide and coordinate client care. Working closely with the client’s physician and other members of the healthcare team, you will assess client needs, develop plans of care, administer treatments, provide client education, and direct a variety of multi-skilled caregivers. Registered Nursing incorporates the administration, management and evaluation of healthcare to clients across the life span, from diverse cultural, racial and ethnic backgrounds, and in various healthcare settings.
Today, Sentara College of Health Sciences offers a Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program with opportunities for Early Admission for High School Seniors, special allowances for LPNs seeking their BSN, and an online RN to BSN program.
Currently accepting applications for the January 2015 session.
First Degree Seeking Students Include:
- Students who do not hold a liberal arts degree (i.e. Associate of Science, Associate of Art, or Bachelor Degree).
- Students with a technical degree as defined by the Department of Education (i.e. Associate of Applied Science, Associate of Occupational Science, etc).
Second Degree Seeking Students Include:
- Students who hold an Associate of Art, Associate of Science, Associate of Art & Science or a Bachelor Degree.
General Education Requirements
First Degree Seeking: A minimum of 30 credits, to include “X” classes, need to be completed to apply.
Second Degree Seeking: “X” classes need to be completed to apply.
All remaining “O” classes for both First Time Degree and Second Degree Seeking students must be completed prior to beginning the Nursing Program with us in January.
College Level Requirement
Anatomy & Physiology I w/lab (4 credits)
Anatomy & Physiology II w/lab (4 credits)
Chemistry w/lab (4 credits)
Statistics (3 credits)
Developmental Psychology (3 credits)
English Composition I (3 credits)
English Composition II (3 credits)
Microbiology w/lab (4 credits)
Health, Medical, Bio or Social Ethics (3 credits)
Introduction to Sociology (3 credits)
Introduction to Psychology (3 credits)
Oral Communication (3 credits)
Fine Art Elective (3 credits)
History Elective (3 credits)
Humanities Elective (3 credits)
For transcripts reviews, please join us for an Academic Planning and Information Session.
Preadmission Testing Requirement
The TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills) is required for consideration into the Nursing Program. For more information about this test and how to prepare for and register please click here.
1. Deadline to apply June 15, 2014. Submit your application, your college transcripts and the $85 non-refundable administrative processing fee.
2. TEAS test must be completed and submitted by June 15, 2014.
3. Official or unofficial transcripts are due by June 15, 2014 for admission consideration.
4. Notification of acceptance by June 30, 2014.
5. If accepted, the non-refundable class deposit of $100, which will be credited to your account the day classes begin, is due by July 31, 2014.
6. ALL official transcripts for all general education course requirements due by January 1, 2015. Students will not be allowed to start classes unless the College has official transcripts.
Please note: Tuition and Fees are subject to change without notice.
Total program tuition - $25,385 (71 credits)
Uniform costs - approximately $200
Book costs (new) - approximately $2,175
NCLEX exam fees (not included in tuition) - $330