As a Cardiac Electrophysiology Technologist you will work in a hospital setting as a member of the Electrophysiology Lab (EP Lab) team and provide highly specialized assistance to an electrophysiologist. An electrophysiologist is a cardiologist with advanced training in the diagnosis and treatment of heart rhythm problems.
Electrophysiology (EP) procedures include studies that diagnose heart rhythm disorders as well as procedures that treat these disorders. More specifically, Electrophysiology (EP) studies produce data that makes it possible to diagnose the source of heart rhythm disorders, evaluate the effectiveness of certain medications in controlling these disorders, predict the risk of a future cardiac event, such as Sudden Cardiac Death and assess the need for an implantable device such as a pacemaker or a therapeutic procedure like radio frequency catheter ablation.
As a Cardiac Electrophysiology Technologist ("EP lab tech") you will work with highly sophisticated imaging, monitoring, mapping and recording systems in EP labs, cardiac catheterization labs and operating rooms. You also serve as a first assistant to the physician and are responsible for reviewing and compiling data collected during EP procedures and device implants. EP Techs perform direct patient care both prior to and immediately following electrophysiology procedures.
Currently accepting for the January 2015 session.
General Education Requirements
A minimum of 10 credits from the below list of general education courses must be completed to apply.
ALL courses must be completed prior to beginning the Cardiovascular Technology Program in January.
College Level Requirement
Anatomy & Physiology I w/lab
Anatomy & Physiology II w/lab
Fine Art Elective
For transcripts reviews, please join us for an Academic Planning and Information Session.
Preadmission Testing Requirement
The HOBET (Health Occupations Basic Entrance Test) is required for consideration into the Cardiovascular Technology Program. For more information about this test and how to prepare for and register please click here.
1. Deadline to apply August 31, 2014. Submit your application, your college transcripts and the $85 non-refundable administrative processing fee. Please note: You may only apply for one specialty.
2. HOBET test must be completed and submitted by August 31, 2014.
3. You will be notified of the status of your application by September 15, 2014. When all application requirements are completed your interview will be scheduled.
4. Interviews will take place the first week of October 2014.
5. Decisions will be rendered and applicants will be notified by October 15, 2014.
6. If accepted, the non-refundable class deposit of $100, which will be credited to your tuition the day you start, is due by November 15, 2014.
7. ALL official transcripts for all general education course requirements due by January 1, 2015. Students will not be allowed to start classes unless the College has official transcripts.
For full details on Advanced Placement in the Cardiovascular Technology Program please see our Catalog.
Please note: Tuition and Fees are subject to change without notice.
Cardiac Electrophysiology = $20,085 (includes CCI Registry Exam fee; 60 credit hours)
Uniform costs = approx. $150
Book costs (new) = Invasive $723-989; Electrophysiology $900-1,502; Echocardiography $931-1,346 and Vascular $951-1,140.