Allied Health Courses Admission Process
Admission Process and Application Information for the Care Partner, Central Sterile Supply Technician, and Monitor Surveillance Courses.
General Admission Requirements
Submit completed application for admission with the non-refundable $85 application processing fee by the application deadline (see additional information below for deadlines).
Schedule and take the Wonderlic preadmission test administered by the College.
For Care Partner and Central Sterile Supply Technician, admission decisions are based on preadmission test scores. Admission decisions can only be determined after completion of the preadmission testing. Admission decisions are rendered within 30 days of taking the Wonderlic test.
Upon acceptance a required non-refundable fee of $100 will be due to reserve your seat.
Please note: If you are accepted within six (6) weeks of a course start date, due dates for fees, tuition, and paperwork will be determined by the week you are accepted.
Additional Course Information and Requirements
- Applications will be accepted on a first come, first served basis until the course fills.
- Admission is competitive.
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to seek admission guidance as early as possible by attending one of the regularly scheduled Academic Planning and Information Sessions or by contacting the Admissions Advisor at 757-388-2900 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications received after a Course has been filled will be considered for the next admission cycle.
- Applicants should possess basic computer skills.
- Early application is strongly recommended to allow sufficient time for testing and additional requirements.
- Sentara College of Health Sciences seeks to admit qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, or disability, provided the applicant is qualified to perform the tasks necessary to meet the requirements of the Program/Course with or without reasonable accommodation.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Must be 18 years of age by the first day of class.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.A.
- The College does not currently process or maintain students on a student visa. Resident Aliens must submit a photocopy of both sides of their immigration card when applying to the College. Applicants must also comply with all other entrance requirements of the College, including successful scores in pre-entrance examinations.
- According to 8 CFR 214.3, Sentara College of Health Sciences is not an approved College for enrollment of F and M non-immigrants. (Definition of a non-immigrant: An alien who seeks temporary entry into the U.S. for a specific purpose.)
- Prospective applicants and students must demonstrate appropriate, responsible, respectful and professional behavior/conduct throughout the entire admission process and in all interactions and communications with the College. The College reserves the right to deny admission or rescind acceptance to anyone who does not conduct themselves in this manner.