Financial Aid, Veteran's Benefits, & Scholarships
- Federal student aid is available for qualified students who will attend the Cardiovascular, Surgical Technology, and BSN Programs.
- Payment plans are available through the Bursar's Office for students who will attend the Care Partner and Monitor Surveillance Courses.
- Financial aid packages will only be prepared for admitted students.
- Review your financial aid and accept or decline Pell Grants and loans at Net Partner.
The responsibility for meeting a student’s educational costs rests with the student and his/her family. The Financial Aid Office at Sentara College of Health Sciences exists to help students and their families access other means to supplement their resources when a need has been established through the financial aid application process. Financial aid may be offered through grants, scholarships, and/or loans.
The Following Benefits or Aid Are Available:
- Veterans Administration Benefit: For all Programs and Courses.
- Federal student aid (Pell Grants, Stafford Loans): For all Degree Programs - CVT, BSN & ST.
- Scholarships: Any Program or Course (depends on the source of the scholarship). Open to current students only.
- Virginia College Savings Plans.
Benefits are based on your eligibility. You should notify the Financial Aid Office immediately if you expect to receive VA benefits.
The following are some useful websites for active-duty military, military dependents, and veterans:
Federal Financial Aid
The first step to receiving financial aid is to file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Visit www.fafsa.ed.gov to complete your FAFSA.
- The FAFSA is required for all students seeking grants and loans.
- If you have a FAFSA application with another school and you are accepted to our College, be sure to add our college code, 031065.
- To learn "The 5 Reasons You Should Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid" and watch a brief video, follow the link here.
- Your FAFSA will be reviewed only after you have been accepted. At that time, you will receive further financial aid information. If you have any questions, please contact Financial Aid at (757) 388-3015.
Prevent Delays in Financial Aid Processing
- File the FAFSA early. File your FAFSA when you submit your application. Don't wait until you are accepted.
- If selected for verification, the College will request copies of financial documents or additional forms. Respond to these requests right away.
- Accept awards and revisions within 5 days.
- Make sure the College has a correct address (home and e-mail) to use for financial aid correspondence and other documents. All address changes should be directed to the Financial Aid Office. All correspondence will be mailed to your permanent address.
- Renew your FAFSA every year that you are in school. A FAFSA is only good for one year, July 1-June 30.
- Additional information may be obtained by contacting the Financial Aid Office at 757-388-3015, fax at 757-388-4225, or e-mail to: email@example.com
In accordance with the requirements of the various scholarship foundations, scholarships are available to currently attending students only.
Award amounts and application deadlines listed below are subject to change without notice.
- Ethel Hudgens Howren Scholarship - A non-need based scholarship established in 1987 by a family in honor of their mother, a patient, who had been cared for by several nursing students.
- Lettie Pate Whitehead Foundation - This Foundation is a charity dedicated to the support of Christian women in need. The award amounts vary depending on the number of students applying and amount received annually for this scholarship. Applications are offered periodically throughout the school year.
- Margarette Hanes Old Nurse and Educational Scholarship - A scholarship started in 1960 for nursing students who have been long-time Hampton Roads residents and demonstrate financial need. Awards vary.
- Mary Marshall Nursing Scholarship - Offered by Virginia Department of Health. VDH promotes and protects the health of all Virginians. "Healthy People in Healthy Communities" is their mission statement and they achieve this by demonstrating a range of public health programs to include scholarships. Awards vary and applications are made available through Blackboard when open to new students.
- Mary Peed Baker Scholarship - Mrs. Baker graduated from Norfolk Protestant Hospital School of Nursing (now Sentara College of Health Sciences). She graduated in 1897, worked at Sentara Norfolk General Hospital, and then served as an Army Nurse during the Spanish-American War. This scholarship is need-based and award amounts vary.
- Virginia Beach Auxiliary Scholarships - The volunteer association at Sentara Virginia Beach General Hospital offers two scholarships - one for nursing students and one for Allied Health students. The award is $1,000 and applications are made available when open to new students.
- Robert C. Ward Scholarship - A scholarship started to remember the late Robert C. Ward, Sr., a 25-year heart patient of Sentara Norfolk General Hospital. The scholarship is given yearly to one nursing student who is a permanent resident of either Virginia or North Carolina and has a minimum GPA of 3.0. The scholarship is usually awarded to a junior level nursing student and is renewable for the senior year provided the minimum GPA is maintained.
- Mr. & Mrs. Gilbert S. Ward Scholarship - A scholarship awarded to one or two Allied Health students who are permanent residents of Virginia or North Carolina and have a minimum GPA of 3.0. The scholarship is awarded in the fall semester of the program.
Financial Aid Office Contact Info
Crossways I - Suite 105, 1441 Crossways Blvd. , Chesapeake, Va. 23320
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM Monday-Friday
Contact the Financial Aid Office at: