TEAS V for Nursing Students
- If you are seeking admission to the Nursing Program you must test in order to be considered for full acceptance. (RN to BSN applicants are not required to test.)
- The score you receive on the test will be considered as part of the selective admission process. As a point of reference your minimum goal should be to meet the National Program Average score on all four areas.
January 2015 Accepted Students' Averages:
85.5%+ on the TEAS
- About the TEAS V:
- Computer based
- 170 item, multiple choice test
- You have a maximum time of 3 hours and 29 minutes to take test
- You will be tested on Reading, Mathematics, Science, and English and Language Usage
- You will have two (2) chances to test for the TEAS V during the testing period. It is your responsibility to schedule each test.
- The cost of each test is the responsibility of the applicant and is not covered in the $85 administrative processing fee.
Registering for the TEAS V for Nursing Students
- Go to www.atitesting.com
- Create a student account. You can do this by clicking on the “Create an Account” link below the area where you log in. When filling out this information, please make sure to fill in all of the blue fields to create a new account. Be sure to associate yourself with the correct institution located in the “Institution” drop down menu. For us you would select Sentara College of Health Sciences.
- After creating your account, click on the Online Store link (top right hand corner of the screen).
- Click on the link for your assessment of choice: TEAS at PSI.
- Indicate PSI Test site for the TEAS V from the drop down menu.
- Click on Register to complete your registration and payment.
- Please read the information on the next screen. Make sure you understand a refund is not available should you miss your testing date. Then click “Yes.”
- Identify the institution you want to send your transcripts to on the next screen. Then click “Continue.”
- The next screen will be your shopping cart. Review the items listed and proceed to the Check Out.
- On the next screen you will enter your payment details. This includes: card number, expiration date, and security code. Click on “Submit.”
- Once you click “Submit,” you will receive a Customer Receipt which includes any additional instructions for scheduling your testing session with PSI. Your receipt will be emailed to the email address you provided when you created your account.