Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP)
1361 Park St., Clearwater, FL. 33756
Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
Certified Private Vocational Institution with The State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV).
Affliate Member of The Association of Surgical Technologists
Meets the Standards of the
National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting
The Surgical Technology Program began in the early 1950s in response to the need for qualified individuals to work in the hospital’s operating rooms. As a Surgical Technologist you will be responsible for working with the surgeons, anesthesiologists, and the circulating nurses to prepare the operating room with equipment, instruments and supplies for any operative procedure; anticipating and providing for the needs of the surgeon; maintaining aseptic technique during the procedure; and preparing the instruments for reprocessing.
A Surgical Technologist is accurate and sets high standards of practice. They must possess a high degree of manual dexterity, good eye-hand coordination and be adaptable to changing technology in a fast-paced environment. Individuals who choose the surgical technology profession are deeply committed to quality patient-focused care and working as a team member in a highly specialized area.
Currently accepting applications for the January 2015 session.
General Education Requirements
Candidates must complete 14 credits to include two sciences and two other prerequisites with a "C" or better to apply.
ALL courses must be completed prior to beginning the Surgical Technology Program in January.
College Level Requirement
Anatomy & Physiology I w/lab
Anatomy & Physiology II w/lab
English Composition I
Intro to Psychology OR Sociology
Math for Allied Health
Fine Art Elective
For transcripts reviews, please join us for an Academic Planning and Information Session.
* Some Nursing courses can be substituted for the medical terminology requirement. Please contact Jennie Pond, Admission Recruiter, at email@example.com if you have questions.
Preadmission Testing Requirement
The HOBET (Health Occupations Basic Entrance Test) is required for consideration into the Surgical Technology Program. For more information about this test and how to prepare for and register please click here.
1. Deadline to apply August 31, 2014. Submit your application, your college transcripts and the $85 non-refundable administrative processing fee.
2. HOBET test must be completed and submitted by August 31, 2014.
3. You will be notified of the status of your application by September 15, 2014. When all application requirements are completed your interview will be scheduled.
4. Interviews will take place the first week of October 2014.
5. Decisions will be rendered and applicants will be notified by October 15, 2014.
6. If accepted, the non-refundable class deposit of $100, which will be credited to your tuition the day you start, is due by November 15, 2014.
7. ALL official transcripts for all general education course requirements due by January 1, 2015. Students will not be allowed to start classes unless the College has official transcripts.
Those applicants who attended an accredited (ABHES or CAAHEP) Surgical Technology Program, but did not finish.
Please note: All coursework is subject to review and is not guaranteed to transfer.
For full details on Advanced Placement in the Surgical Technology Program please see our Catalog.
Please note: Tuition and Fees are subject to change without notice.
Total Program Tuition = $16,511 (48 credits; includes certification exam fee)
Uniform costs = approx. $150
Book costs (new) = $288-393