Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP)
1361 Park St., Clearwater, FL. 33756
Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
Certified to operate an institution of postsecondary education in Virginia by The State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV).
Affliate Member of The Association of Surgical Technologists
Meets the Standards of the
National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting
The Surgical Technology Program began in the early 1950s in response to the need for qualified individuals to work in the hospital’s operating rooms. As a Surgical Technologist you will be responsible for working with the surgeons, anesthesiologists, and the circulating nurses to prepare the operating room with equipment, instruments and supplies for any operative procedure; anticipating and providing for the needs of the surgeon; maintaining aseptic technique during the procedure; and preparing the instruments for reprocessing.
A Surgical Technologist is accurate and sets high standards of practice. They must possess a high degree of manual dexterity, good eye-hand coordination and be adaptable to changing technology in a fast-paced environment. Individuals who choose the surgical technology profession are deeply committed to quality patient-focused care and working as a team member in a highly specialized area.
Currently accepting applications for the August 2015 session.
General Education Requirements
(General Education Requirements subject to change without notice.)
Candidates must complete 14 credits to include two sciences and two other prerequisites with a "C" or better to apply.
ALL courses must be completed prior to beginning the Surgical Technology Program in August.
College Level Requirement
Anatomy & Physiology I w/lab
Anatomy & Physiology II w/lab
English Composition I
Intro to Psychology OR Sociology
Math for Allied Health
Fine Art Elective
For transcripts reviews, please join us for an Academic Planning and Information Session.
* Some Nursing courses can be substituted for the medical terminology requirement. Please contact Jennie Pond, Admissions Counselor, at email@example.com if you have questions.
Preadmission Testing Requirement
The TEAS V for Allied Health is required for consideration into the Surgical Technology Program. For more information about this test and how to prepare for and register please click here.
Admission Process for August 2015 Surgical Tech Applicants Only:
1. Deadline to apply May 15, 2015. Submit your application, your college transcripts and the $85 non-refundable administrative processing fee.
2. TEAS V for Allied Health test must be completed and submitted by May 15, 2015.
3. Decisions will be rendered and applicants will be notified by June 1, 2015.
4. If accepted, the non-refundable enrollment processing fee of $100 is due by June 15, 2015.
5. ALL official transcripts for all general education course requirements due by August 1, 2015. Students will not be allowed to start classes unless the College has official transcripts.
Those applicants who attended an accredited (ABHES or CAAHEP) Surgical Technology Program, but did not finish.
Please note: All coursework is subject to review and is not guaranteed to transfer.
For full details on Advanced Placement in the Surgical Technology Program please see our Catalog.
Please note: Tuition and Fees are subject to change without notice.