Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning
Meet the Team
The mission of the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning is to support, promote, and enhance teaching effectiveness and to facilitate faculty engagement in student learning. Meet with the Director to:
- Review best practices used by your Sentara College colleagues in areas such as curriculum and student engagement
- Learn how to incorporate instructional technology into your classroom presentations
- Receive guidance on course planning and pedagogical approaches
- Understand and recognize when students require additional support and ways to help them succeed academically
- Learn about Quality Matters best practices for online teaching
Sentara College supports your needs as an educator, and makes available the latest information and resources to help facilitate effective classroom and online lectures for our students.
We are here to make you and your students successful. Explore these helpful tools:
As a new faculty member, you are joining a thriving and highly talented community of teachers and scholars. The new faculty orientation will deliver critical information, resources, and support for new faculty joining Sentara College.
These helpful videos can provide step-by-step guidance on how to effectively use online teaching tools and more.
How to Teach Online
Teaching and engaging students in an online environment can be challenging. Find support and best practice tips here.
Quality Matters – Best Practices
Become the best online educator you can be. Learn from others who have been in your shoes and have found success. Find out more about Quality Matters here.
Continuing Your Education as an Educator
Take your education and your career to the next level. Learn more about an advanced degree in health sciences or teaching.