Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program Overview
- Programs are offered once each year for all BSN candidates, excluding RN-BSN. RN-BSN is offered January, May, and August.
- The BSN Program is full time with daytime classes and clinical experiences.
- The RN to BSN Program is offered on a full-time or part-time basis.
- 116 years of experience in educating nurses.
- Small clinical groups and exposure to all clinical settings.
- Clinical exposure is in advanced technology settings
Sentara College of Health Sciences originated with a Registered Nursing Program over one hundred years ago; it was Norfolk’s first nursing program. Created in 1892 by the 24-bed “Retreat for the Sick,” the two-year program was originally taught by physicians.
Today, Sentara College of Health Sciences offers a Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program with opportunities for Early Admission for High School Seniors, special allowances for LPNs seeking their BSN, and an online RN to BSN program.
Our Bachelor Programs are accredited by ACICS, CCNE, approved by the Virginia Board of Nursing and certified by SCHEV.
We welcome you to learn more about our Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program at Sentara College of Health Sciences and being a part of your academic and career success!