Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program Overview
- Programs are offered once each year for traditional BSN candidates and twice each year for RN to BSN students
- The BSN Program is full-time with daytime classes and clinical experiences
- The RN to BSN Program is an online program offered on a full-time or part-time basis
- 123 years of experience in educating nurses
- Small clinical groups
- Exposure to all clinical settings
- Clinical exposure is in advanced technology settings
Sentara College of Health Sciences originated with a Registered Nursing Program over 100 years ago; it was Norfolk’s first nursing program. Created in 1892 by the 24-bed “Retreat for the Sick,” the two-year program was originally taught by physicians.
Today, Sentara College of Health Sciences offers a Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program with opportunities for Early Admission for High School Seniors, special allowances for LPNs seeking their BSN, and an online RN to BSN Program.
Our Bachelor Programs are accredited by ACICS, CCNE, approved by the Virginia Board of Nursing, and certified by SCHEV.
We welcome you to learn more about our Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program at Sentara College of Health Sciences, and we look forward to being a part of your academic and career success!
CCNE Call for Third-Party Comments
The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) will visit Sentara College of Health Sciences on September 28-30, 2016. This is a visit to evaluate the Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing (BSN) program for continued accreditation. Written and signed third-party comments related to the BSN program will be accepted by CCNE until 21 days before the visit, September 7, 2016. All comments should be mailed to Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, Attn: Third-Party Comments, One Dupont Circle NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036 or emailed to email@example.com.