RN to BSN (for licensed RNs)
- 98% retention rate
- Most cost effective in the region
- Convenient online classes
Now Accepting Applications
for August 2015.
This program was designed for licensed Registered Nurses who are seeking to obtain their Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree.
In response to the evolving changes in nursing and in healthcare, there is a nationwide initiative to increase the number of Baccalaureate prepared nurses to 80% by 2020. Sentara College recognizes the importance of class offerings that accommodate the working individual. Our online classes can be taken at a pace that is suitable to the student’s schedule.
About the RN to BSN Program
- Applicants must posess a current, unencumbered Registered Nurse license
- We offer convenient online classes to accomodate working schedules
- The Program is offered 2 times per year - January and August
- Students may choose to study full-time or part-time
- RN to BSN students are awarded 48 advanced placement credits
- Please note: We are unable to provide remedial assistance to English as a second language (ESL) students, due to limited resources available in the College
- Please note: Due to requirements for state authorization to provide distance learning outside the state of Virginia, we are currently only accepting RN to BSN applicants from Virginia. Further, due to state authorization programs outside of Virginia, if a student enrolls in our program and moves to another state while in our program, he/she would have to withdraw.
- All coursework must be completed with a “C-” or higher from an accredited institution
- Sentara College does not expire general education courses
RN to BSN – see the list of courses below for general education requirements.
For RN to BSN, candidates must have a minimum of 25 credit hours of general education requirements or proof of degree listed below to apply for admission. RN to BSN candidates must have all applicable general education courses listed below completed prior to starting.
General Education Requirements
(General Education Requirements subject to change without notice.)
|Chemistry with lab||4 credits|
|Anatomy and Physiology I||4 credits|
|Anatomy and Physiology II||4 credits|
|Developmental OR Child Psychology||3 credits|
|English Composition I||3 credits|
|English Composition II||3 credits|
|Microbiology with lab||4 credits|
|Oral Communication||3 credits|
|Introduction to Sociology||3 credits|
|Introduction to Psychology||3 credits|
|Fine Arts elective||3 credits|
|History elective||3 credits|
|Humanities elective||3 credits|
For transcripts reviews, please join us for an Academic Planning and Information Session or online WebEx.
ATTENTION SECOND DEGREE APPLICANTS:
RN to BSN candidates who can provide proof of one of the following degrees may qualify to have GENERAL EDUCATION and pre-requisite credits from the first degree applied toward the requirements for the BSN, allowing you to START YOUR BSN IMMEDIATELY!
Associate of Arts
Associate of Arts and Sciences
Associate of Science
Any Bachelor’s degree
(Please note: Associate of Applied Science, Associate of Occupational Science and other technical degrees as defined by the U.S. Department of Education do not qualify for the 2nd degree option.)
JOIN US FOR AN
INFO SESSION or CONFERENCE CALL
TO FIND OUT IF YOU QUALIFY!
- There are no deadlines to apply. Applications are accepted on a first come, first serve basis (rolling admissions). Submit the application along with $85 (administrative processing fee), $100 (enrollment processing fee) and college transcripts.
- No preadmission testing is required.
- ALL official transcripts for all general education course requirements due prior to beginning coursework with Sentara College. Students will not be allowed to start classes unless the College has official transcripts.
Tuition and Fees
- In-state and out-of-state tuition, fees, and expenses are the same.
- Financial aid is available for those who qualify. GI Bill and VA Benefits can also be used. Please see our Financial Aid page for more information
- Additional expenses such as textbooks and supplies are the responsibility of the student
Please note: Tuition and fees are subject to change without notice.
SENTARA EMPLOYEES - 30 credits at $317 per credit hour. Total cost depends on start date and full time/part time status.
NON-SENTARA EMPLOYEES - 30 credits at $486 per credit hour. Total cost depends on start date and full time/part time status.
RN to BSN Program - New books are projected at $1,443.
RN to BSN students are not required to purchase uniforms.
Enrollment processing fee of $100 is required upon acceptance to reserve a seat.