RN to BSN (for licensed RNs)
- Most cost effective program in the region
- Convenient online classes
Now accepting applications
for August 2016.
This program was designed for licensed Registered Nurses who are seeking to obtain their Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree.
In response to the evolving changes in nursing and in healthcare, there is a nationwide initiative to increase the number of Baccalaureate prepared nurses to 80% by 2020. Sentara College recognizes the importance of class offerings that accommodate the working individual. Our online classes can be taken at a pace that is suitable to the student’s schedule.
About the RN to BSN Program
- Applicants must posess a current, unencumbered Registered Nurse license
- We offer convenient online classes to accomodate working schedules
- The Program is offered 2 times per year - January and August
- Students may choose to study full-time or part-time
- Please note: We are unable to provide remedial assistance to English as a second language (ESL) students, due to limited resources available in the College
- If you are not a resident of Virginia, please contact the College.
- All coursework must be completed with a “C-” or higher from an accredited institution
- Sentara College does not expire general education courses
RN to BSN – see the list of courses below for general education requirements.
For RN to BSN, candidates must have a minimum of 25 credit hours of general education requirements or proof of degree listed below to apply for admission. RN to BSN candidates must have all applicable general education courses listed below completed prior to starting.
General Education Requirements
(General Education Requirements subject to change without notice.)
|Anatomy and Physiology I||4 credits|
|Anatomy and Physiology II||4 credits|
|Developmental OR Child Psychology||3 credits|
|English Composition I||3 credits|
|English Composition II||3 credits|
|Microbiology with lab||4 credits|
|Oral Communication||3 credits|
|Introduction to Sociology||3 credits|
|Introduction to Psychology||3 credits|
|Fine Arts elective||3 credits|
|Humanities elective||3 credits|
For transcripts reviews, please join us for an Academic Planning and Information Session or online WebEx.
ATTENTION SECOND DEGREE APPLICANTS:
RN to BSN candidates who can provide proof of one of the following degrees may qualify to have GENERAL EDUCATION and pre-requisite credits from the first degree applied toward the requirements for the BSN, allowing you to START YOUR BSN IMMEDIATELY!
Associate of Arts
Associate of Arts and Sciences
Associate of Science
Any Bachelor’s degree
(Please note: Associate of Applied Science, Associate of Occupational Science and other technical degrees as defined by the U.S. Department of Education do not qualify for the 2nd degree option.)
JOIN US FOR AN
INFO SESSION or CONFERENCE CALL
TO FIND OUT IF YOU QUALIFY!
Now accepting applications for August 2016.
- There are no deadlines to apply. Applications are accepted on a first come, first serve basis (rolling admissions). Submit the application along with the $85 application processing fee and college transcripts.
- No preadmission testing is required.
- Upon acceptance a required non-refundable fee of $100 will be due to hold your seat.
- ALL official transcripts for all general education course requirements due prior to beginning coursework with Sentara College. Students will not be allowed to start classes unless the College has official transcripts.
Tuition and Fees
- In-state and out-of-state tuition, fees, and expenses are the same
- Financial aid is available for those who qualify. GI Bill and VA benefits can also be used. Please see our Financial Aid page for more information
- Additional expenses such as textbooks and supplies are the responsibility of the student
Please note: Tuition and fees are subject to change without notice.
- RN to BSN Program:
- SENTARA EMPLOYEES - 30 credits at $325 per credit hour. Total cost depends on start date and full time/part time status.
NON-SENTARA EMPLOYEES - 30 credits at $498 per credit hour. Total cost depends on start date and full time/part time status.
RN to BSN Program - New books are projected at $1,443
RN to BSN students are not required to purchase uniforms
Required non-refundable fee of $100 upon acceptance to reserve a seat