- Course is 9 weeks
- Full-time, Mon.-Fri
- January sessions have daytime classes and clinicals
- Beginning in March, classes and skills labs are 9:00am - 4:00pm twice per week and 3:00pm - 8:00pm twice per week during the first five weeks of class. After that, clinicals are 6:45am - 3:30 pm three days per week.
- The Course is offered multiple times per year
- High school diploma or GED required to apply
- Must be 18 by the first day of class
- Prepares the graduate to work within Sentara Healthcare
- Care Partners are in high demand within Sentara
- Tuition, fees, and expenses
Currently Accepting Applications for March and May of 2016!
The Care Partner Course was added in 1994 in response to the need for consistent and formal training for multi-skilled patient caregivers in Sentara acute care hospitals. Care Partners work for Sentara Healthcare and are trained exclusively for their important role in the hospital setting.
Care Partners are members of a discipline that combines the quality of caring with technical interventions, communication, and knowledge integration to support the nurse in the delivery of quality client care in an acute care setting. They help patients with daily living activities such as bathing and eating. Care Partners also take vital signs, draw blood specimens, perform wound care and dressing changes, insert urinary catheters, perform EKGs, and other selected medical tests and procedures.
Your Exceptional Learning Experience
- NEW Peninsula Clinical Option (enrollment dependent; available for October 2015 session only)
- Only 12 days of travel to the Chesapeake Campus
- Most skills lab hours and all clinical days will be held at Peninsula facilities
- With 60 lecture, 45 skills lab, and 90 clinical hours, graduates of this Course are prepared to work collaboratively with the healthcare team and clients and provide essential information and assistance to achieve preferred health-related outcomes
- Graduates will receive a certificate upon completion and be qualified to work in the acute-care hospitals at Sentara Healthcare. There is no license or certification required to practice as a Care Partner in Sentara facilities
- Please click here for information on the admissions process