Are you ready to apply? Find out here.
Sentara College of Health Sciences is a great place to prepare for a new career in healthcare. If you’d like to join our highly motivated student body, follow these easy steps.
Step 1: Do you meet these requirements?
- Do you have a high school diploma or equivalent?
- Will you be 18 years old by the first day of class?
- (Summer Accelerated PCT Program only: Have you successfully completed high school or college Biology, Anatomy, Physiology/Pathophysiology, or Microbiology?)
If so, congratulations; you’re ready to move to Step 2.
Step 2: Submit your application
If you answered “yes” to all requirements above, then you’re ready to take the next step. Simply click here or anywhere you see Apply Now.
Step 3: Take your pre-admission test
Applications will be considered after you have successfully passed a pre-admission test called the Wonderlic.
For your convenience, you can take the test right here at the College. You can reserve a seat by contacting us at 757-388-2900.
About the Wonderlic Test
- The test is a timed, 12-minute general mental ability assessment
- Allow for a total of 30 minutes for your visit
- The test does not require healthcare knowledge or experience
- A minimum passing score of 16 is required to be considered for admission to Monitor Surveillance and a minimum of 18 is required for admission to the Patient Care Technician Program (applicants for the Summer Accelerated PCT Program must achieve a minimum score of 20).
Prepare for Testing
You can prepare for this test by refreshing math skills, reading comprehension, and vocabulary.
You can also learn more about the test and take a sample test here (site is not affiliated with or endorsed by Sentara).
To schedule your test call us at 757-388-2900.
Important Information About Testing
- Registration is required for the Wonderlic test. Call the College at 757-388-2900 for more information
- Testing begins promptly at the scheduled time
- Late arrivals are not allowed to enter the testing room and must return on another testing day
- If you are unsuccessful on the test, you must reapply for the Program
Step 4: We'll take it from there
After you’ve met the requirements above, you’ll receive an admissions decision from us within 30 days. If you are accepted, a required non-refundable fee of $110 will be due within two weeks to hold your seat.
Find more information about admission into our certificate programs here.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required and you must be 18 years of age by the first day of class
- Applicants should possess basic computer skills
- You must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the USA
If English is your second language, see important information here.
Prospective applicants and students must demonstrate appropriate, responsible, respectful, and professional behavior/conduct throughout the entire admission process and in all interactions and communications with the College. The College reserves the right to deny admission or rescind acceptance to anyone who does not conduct themselves in this manner
Sentara College of Health Sciences seeks to admit qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, or disability, provided the applicant is qualified to perform the tasks necessary to meet the requirements of the Program with or without reasonable accommodation.
1) Applications are accepted on a first come, first served basis until the Program fills.
2) Admission to all of our Programs is competitive.
3) You are strongly encouraged to seek admissions guidance as early as possible by attending one of the regularly scheduled Academic Planning and Information Sessions or by contacting the Admissions Advisor at 757-388-5724 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
4) Applications received after a Program has been filled will be considered for the next admissions cycle.
5) All Programs have an online component, so you should possess basic computer skills.
6) Applying early is strongly recommended to allow sufficient time for testing and additional requirements.
7) A high school diploma or equivalent required. You must be 18 years of age by the first day of class.
8) You must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
9) The College does not currently process or maintain students on a student visa. Resident Aliens must submit a photocopy of both sides of their immigration card when applying to the College. Applicants must also comply with all other entrance requirements of the College, including successful scores in pre-admission examinations.
10) According to 8 CFR 214.3, Sentara College of Health Sciences is not an approved College for enrollment of F and M non-immigrants. (Definition of a non-immigrant: An alien who seeks temporary entry into the U.S. for a specific purpose.)