Sentara College of Health Sciences is a great place to elevate your career in healthcare. If you’d like to join our highly motivated student body, follow these easy steps.
Step 1: Do you qualify?
- Are you currently working in a Cath/EP lab and have 1-2 years of experience?
- Do you hold a current ACLS certification?
- Do you have an RT(R), NMT, RN, RCIS, RT, NP, or PA credential?
If so, congratulations; you’re ready to move to Step 2.
Step 2: Submit your application
If you answered “yes” to all requirements above, then you’re ready to take the next step. Simply click here or anywhere you see Apply Now.
Remember to attach proof of employment, credential(s), and certification(s) to your application or send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 3: We'll take it from there
After you’ve met the requirements above, you’ll receive an admissions decision from us. If you are accepted, a required non-refundable fee of $110 will be due within two weeks to hold your seat.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required and you must be 18 years of age by the first day of class
- Applicants should possess basic computer skills
- You must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the USA
If English is your second language, see important information here.
Prospective applicants and students must demonstrate appropriate, responsible, respectful, and professional behavior/conduct throughout the entire admission process and in all interactions and communications with the College. The College reserves the right to deny admission or rescind acceptance to anyone who does not conduct themselves in this manner.
Sentara College of Health Sciences seeks to admit qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, or disability, provided the applicant is qualified to perform the tasks necessary to meet the requirements of the Program with or without reasonable accommodation.
Important Information for Certificate Programs
1) Applications are accepted on a first come, first served basis until the Program fills.
2) Admission to all of our Programs is competitive.
3) You are strongly encouraged to seek admissions guidance as early as possible by attending one of the regularly scheduled Academic Planning and Information Sessions or by contacting the Admissions Advisor at 757-388-5724 or email@example.com.
4) Applications received after a Program has been filled will be considered for the next admissions cycle.
5) All Programs have an online component, so you should possess basic computer skills.
6) Applying early is strongly recommended to allow sufficient time for testing and additional requirements.
7) A high school diploma or equivalent required. You must be 18 years of age by the first day of class.
8) You must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
9) The College does not currently process or maintain students on a student visa. Resident Aliens must submit a photocopy of both sides of their immigration card when applying to the College. Applicants must also comply with all other entrance requirements of the College, including successful scores in pre-admission examinations.
10) According to 8 CFR 214.3, Sentara College of Health Sciences is not an approved College for enrollment of F and M non-immigrants. (Definition of a non-immigrant: An alien who seeks temporary entry into the U.S. for a specific purpose.)