Applying for Federal Aid
Your first step to receiving aid is to file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online. The FAFSA is required if you are seeking grants and loans.
If you have a FAFSA on file with another school and you are accepted to Sentara College, be sure to add our college code 031065.
Your FAFSA will be reviewed only after you have been accepted. At that time, you will receive further financial aid information. If you have any questions, please contact The Office of Financial Aid.
- Federal student aid is available for qualified students who will attend the Cardiovascular Technology, Surgical Technology, and BSN Programs.
- Payment plans are available through the Bursar’s Office for students who will attend the Nursing Care Partner, Central Sterile Supply Technician, and Monitor Surveillance Courses.
- Financial aid packages will only be prepared for admitted students.
- Review your financial aid and accept or decline Pell Grants and loans at Student Portal.
Prevent Delays in Financial Aid Processing
- File your FAFSA early. File your FAFSA when you submit your application. Don't wait until you are accepted.
- Respond to College requests right away. If you are selected for verification, the College will request copies of financial documents or additional forms.
- Accept rewards and revisions within five days
- Make sure the College has correct contact information to use for financial aid correspondence and other documents. All address changes should be directed to the Financial Aid Office here. All correspondence will be mailed to your permanent address.
- Renew your FAFSA every year that you are in school. A FAFSA is only good for one year, from July 1-June 30.
- Additional information may be obtained by contacting the Financial Aid Office at 757-388-3015, fax at 757-388-4225, or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When loan funds have been disbursed, you will receive an electronic notification. You have three days from the date of disbursement to cancel the loan(s). Any student who wishes to cancel their loan(s) must do so in writing by email to email@example.com, by confidential fax at 757-388-4225, or by letter mailed or hand delivered to the Financial Aid Office.
Still want to learn more? Check out these helpful videos.
This video explains the financial aid process and how it can benefit you. Watch here.
Not sure how to fill out the FAFSA? This video can walk you through it.
Need help determining your dependency status? Learn more.
Watch this video to figure out what kind of federal student aid is best for you.
Have you completed your FAFSA? Great! Here are your next steps.
Learn what you can expect when it’s time to repay your loans in this video.