About the Program
If you have any bachelor’s degree and the passion to become an RN, we can help you become a master’s prepared nurse in just two years. Our Master’s Entry to Nursing Practice (MENP) Program is one of only two programs in the state of Virginia that allows people with any bachelor’s degree from any accredited institution to enter nursing practice with their Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree. Your bachelor’s degree does not even need to be in a healthcare or science discipline, although certain prerequisites and requirements do apply.
As a master’s-prepared RN, you will enter your chosen field with higher-level credentials than 87% of your colleagues. This can translate into great career potential in a highly competitive field. And when you graduate from Sentara College, not only will you be eligible to apply for the NCLEX nursing exam, you’ll also receive placement assistance within Sentara, which can mean fast placement and great career development opportunities.
The MENP Program is a challenging and accelerated one, so you’ll need a strong track record of achievement to qualify. We accept no more than 30 of the most dedicated and motivated candidates we can find each year. Candidates will need to have earned their bachelor’s degrees with an overall GPA of 3.0, and earned at least a “B-” in all of the prerequisite courses. If that sounds like you, contact a recruiter using any Plan a Visit link or apply today.
If you already have your RN license and a bachelor’s degree, then our Clinical Nurse Leader MSN may be for you. And if you do not qualify for the MENP Program but wish to become an RN, our Traditional BSN Program can get you there.
Your Educational Experience
As a student, you’ll learn in classrooms, skills labs, clinical settings, and online, thanks to the College’s emphasis on hybrid learning. You’ll learn material when it’s convenient for you, then come together in class to discuss what you’ve learned; or in skills labs, where you’ll apply that knowledge in a safe environment that can simulate nearly any medical condition you might encounter. You’ll gain 945 hours of hands-on experience – far surpassing the requirements for licensure or of other programs. So you’ll graduate from Sentara College uniquely prepared for one of the most challenging and rewarding careers anywhere.
Career Opportunities With Your MSN
Master’s-prepared Registered Nurses can take leadership roles at the bedside and within their units, because they have skills and knowledge that go beyond many of their peers. Graduates are poised to rise quickly, because they are able to handle complex clients, improve patient care outcomes, and facilitate the interprofessional collaboration that leading healthcare organizations demand.
Master’s Entry to Nursing Practice MSN Program at a Glance
- The Program is offered every August
- 945 hours of hands-on experience in skills labs, simulation, and clinicals
- To apply, you must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Full-time, accelerated program
- The Program can be completed in two years including summers
- Graduates obtain a Master of Science in Nursing degree and are eligible to apply to take the NCLEX licensure exam upon completion of the Program
- Enjoy priority placement within Sentara
- 130-year legacy of educating the exceptional nurses in the acclaimed Sentara healthcare system and elsewhere
- Small clinical groups for maximum personal attention
- Exposure to all clinical settings in renowned Sentara hospitals
- Now accepting applications for August 2024
- Tuition, fees, and total cost of attendance
To learn about this program's state authorizations and compliance disclosures, please click here.
Interested in applying to this program?