About the Program
If you are a high school senior, you may be eligible for early acceptance into the Sentara College Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Program. You would be among a select few advanced students accepted into the program early and have a guaranteed seat in the program contingent upon the successful completion of your admission requirements.
The BSN Program is a highly selective one that receives hundreds of applications each year. Fewer than half are accepted, so obtaining your conditional acceptance through this admissions options can put your mind at ease that your seat is secure long before you need it. Simply continue to meet the requirements of this admissions option and you will have a leg up on other students when the time comes to enroll.
Early Admissions to BSN at a Glance
- The only early admissions program in the region available to high school students
- Have a guaranteed seat in the Sentara College Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program contingent upon successful completion of preset requirements
- Graduate with your Bachelor of Science in Nursing and be eligible to apply to take the NCLEX licensure exam upon completion
- BSN classes are held daytime, fulltime—Monday through Friday with an occasional Saturday clinical
- The BSN Program is offered every January
- Enjoy priority placement within the Sentara Healthcare System
- Tuitions, fees, and expenses
Career Opportunities for Nurses
Registered Nurses enjoy the rewards that come from working in a wide variety of healthcare settings, like hospitals, clinics, long-term facilities, physician’s offices, and health agencies. Registered Nurses are in critically short supply across the country, so the need is great, and stability is exceptional.
As a Registered Nurse, you will provide and coordinate client care, working closely with the physicians and other members of the healthcare team. You will assess client needs, develop plans of care, administer treatments, provide client education, and direct a variety of multi-skilled caregivers. Registered Nursing incorporates the administration, management, and evaluation of healthcare to clients across the life span, from diverse cultural, racial, and ethnic backgrounds, and in various healthcare settings.
Interested in applying to this program?